A quick and easy pancake recipe that uses oats and fruits as a base instead of the traditional flour-based griddle cake.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oat bran (If you have celiac disease make sure you’re buying GF oat bran, some countries debate on GF oats so you can use GF oats if you’re comfortable with it or skip the oats all together and use a different GF grain OR thicken with a banana)
- 1/2 cup oats (read above)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp flaxmeal (don’t forget to keep this in the fridge when not in use so it doesn’t go rancid)
- After pureeing beat in 1 (or 2) large egg(s). [I occasionally use two eggs for added calories and protein, if doing this check your batter consistency before frying your pancakes. If it is too runny you may need to add something to absorb extra fluids like flour (a gluten free one if you have celiac disease), flax meal, or oats.
- Cook as you would normally cook pancakes in a hot pan and enjoy these light and fruity pancakes with your favourite pancake toppings!